Monday, January 23, 2012

Chef Geoff Downtown


My aunt was in DC from Boston this weekend for a nursing conference and lucky for my family, we were all free for a trip into the big city. So on Saturday, despite snow and ice covered roads, we squeezed into Tanyas SUV tighter than sardines in a can and traveled the 1.5 hr into the city. Thank goodness Tanya drove because I despise city driving. We picked up my aunt at her uber swanky hotel (Sean was moved to the trunk for the short trip to the restaurant) and we headed down to Chef Geoff's Downtown. We parked across from one of the occupy DC movements, which was kinda interesting although not much was going on other than one man shouting god knows what at god knows who. 

Let me just say, dinner was baller!!! My scallops were fan-flippin-tastic and desert? Hello dark chocolate cake with pretzel ice cream and chocolate covered pretzels. I said yes please to every special out of the waitresses mouth and folks, she did not lead me astray. I was one happy camper after that night. My aunt is the best so it was great to see her again and it was nice to have a family meal, especially with everyones beyond busy schedules. I would love to say I'd go back to Chef Geoff for sure but with the 3.45 million amazing food places in DC, I just don't think I'll have the time for repeats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment